I do yoga. I meditate. I pray. I read uplifting inspirational books. But nothing connects me more to the Big Mystery than travel.
Traveling to a place like India or Mecca or the Vatican, of course, brings with it some spiritual or religious expectations. And I highly recommend you visit a powerful place that will fill your soul.
For the travel I’m referring to you don’t necessarily need a passport or plane ticket. You may not even need gas in your car.
Wandering in nature close to your home is all the farther you need to go. The travel part is more internal. The journey inward.
Here are some pointers for this short but potent trip:
- Put your phone in your pocket and use only in case of an emergency or to capture a moment on the camera.
- Sit or stand still for long moments.
- Look around slowly. S l o w l y…
- Notice everything. The butterfly, the leaves rustling. A bird. The sky.
- Close your eyes and breathe.
- Now, wander.
So much of travel – near or far – is clearing away the expectations and anticipations, including fear. This is the process of presence.
No matter how far you travel, BE in that space. Just BE.